Jeff Gorell is an accomplished community leader, criminal prosecutor, and war veteran. His experience includes:
- State Assembly Representative – Represented Ventura County residents for four years in the California State Legislature.
- Deputy Mayor – Served six years as Deputy Mayor of Los Angeles with major responsibility for Homeland Security.
- Local College Educator – Taught as an Adjunct Professor at Cal Lutheran University.
- Deputy District Attorney – Former Criminal Prosecutor in the Ventura County Deputy District Attorney’s office.
- Captain in the US Navy Reserve – Decorated Veteran with two tours of duty in Afghanistan. 22 years of active and reserve service. Currently a Deputy Commander who oversees 22 Navy Reserve units in 10 states.
- Community Roots – Resident of the community for two decades.
- Proud father of two sons – Jack (12) and Steven (8) who play local little league baseball.
- Local Home Owners Association (HOA) President.
- Former commander of Conejo Valley Military Order of World Wars local veterans support organization